Project Turn-Around is holistic, culturally appropriate and responsive community-based prevention and intervention program serving youth ages 12-20, and their families in the Northwest areas of Toronto. We provide quality prevention and intervention services to at-risk youth and high-risk youth to develop a positive, goal-oriented lifestyle.
At risk and/or high-risk young persons can include youth who:
- Are in conflict with the law, and/or;
- Have been sentenced and are at tick to reoffended, and/or;
- Are at higher risk of criminal/violent behavior and poorer outcomes and/or
- Reside in a high needs community that further increases exposure to risk factors, and/or;
- Have multiple risk factors and challenges and/or have experienced specific incidents that have increased their risk, such as a sibling in conflict with the law.
This service will address youth risk and protective factors, attitudes, and behavior associated with risk of gang involvement including but not limited too:
- Increasing youth awareness about gangs and associated risks
- Anger management
- Case Management
- Employment and job skills training
- Internship opportunities
- Parenting skills
- Cultural and community education
- Drugs and alcohol addictions education
- Stress Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Sexual Health Education
- Support the rehabilitation of youth and reintegration back into positive community settings and assist gang-affiliated youth in exiting gangs
- Prevention and intervention services will be reflective and responsive to the youth, family and community strengths, and needs.
Our mission here at Project Turn Around is to help the youth to the best of our abilities. We are aimed at increasing the likelihood of successful rehabilitation and reintegration of the youth into the community. My team and I would like to support the community and thus have provided our referral information below if you come across youth and families who would benefit from our program. Attached is the referral document which we accept by email or by fax 416-440-3379.If you have any further questions about this program, please feel free to contact me
Our services are offered in English and French