History and Mission Statement
“Midaynta is committed to building vibrant, socially integrated and united communities.”
Midaynta Community Services is a registered Canadian charitable organization that provides settlement services and other programs that advances education by providing courses, seminars, meetings, counseling and other support services for refugees, immigrants and youths in need. We are a social and settlement services agency, working to improve the quality of life of newcomers in Toronto and vicinity.
Midaynta was established in July 1993 as a family reunification project, and incorporated in August 1995 as a non-profit organization committed to identifying and responding to the needs of the community. Midaynta abides by a policy of non-discrimination and equity, and our services are open to everyone and are free of charge. Midaynta has a team of professionals who are committed and passionate about their work. Midaynta’s success is built on strong working relationships with their stakeholders. Due to their diversified services, Midaynta is able to assist newcomers from their initial start-up process upon arrival until their full adaptation in the society. They are striving to provide services that promote, accountability, transparency, social justice, equality and equity, partnership and diversity.
Midaynta is committed to building vibrant communities in which social and economic developments are central to all aspects of individual and family life.
- We believe in and value the provision of high-quality community social services that promote and build a better and prosperous society;
- We are accessible, equitable and accountable to the community;
- We provide free and friendly settlement and community development services, and continue to advocate for a largely underserved and marginalized communities;
- We believe in working in partnership and collaboratively with other service providers to make a difference in developing the community and the society;
- We serve clients regardless of race, national origin, ethnicity, culture, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, ability or religion; and
- We endeavour to unite the communities by creating a socially cohesive environment under the roof of a “Community Centre”.